Turning Point Counseling Services, LLC. 

"A place to turn your life around."


Employee Assistance Programs

What is an EAP?

An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a company-sponsored benefit that many employers provide to their employees to help them find ways to prevent or solve personal problems. It provides employees with free access to brief-solution focused counseling services. An EAP uses specialized methods of counseling, consulting and case management to address personal problems that could result in a decline in an employee's work performance.

How is EAP counseling different from traditional counseling?

EAP counseling is generally limited in scope. It is focused on assessing the problem, and determining the best course of action to resolve the problem. Depending on the needs of their employees and organization, employers choose an EAP service level. Service levels are defined by the number of sessions allotted by the employer's contract. EAP service model is short-term solution focused counseling, which focuses on specific personal issues or concerns, rather than chronic or multiple issues stemming from underlying conditions that are more severe. Sessions usually include developing strategies and solutions, building on the client's strengths, accessing their support systems, and utilizing community resources.

Is the EAP available to my family?

In most cases, EAP services through your company is available to your family. Family members may contact the EAP directly, and do not have to go through the company or you.

Why should I use the EAP?

Most EAP's are designed to deal with a wide range of problems. These might include depression, stress, anxiety, marital or family problems, work-related issues, alcohol or drug problems, or even financial concerns. An EAP counselor is an objective listener with vast information about resources related to almost any problem with which individuals and families are struggling.

What are the EAP Counselor's Credentials?

Most EAP's require their counselors to have a minimum of a master's degree in one of the human services fields, such as psychology, counseling or social work. Counselors must be licensed by the state in which they practice.

How do I contact the EAP?

If your company provides EAP services, you will have access to a phone number through which you can access services. Contact your Human Resources Department for additional information on how to access your EAP benefits.

Does Turning Point Counseling Services accept EAP benefits?

Yes! Various EAP's are accepted. To schedule an appointment call 678-826-9114.